Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites (low carb + KETO)
These Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites are the perfect low carb, grab and go, Keto friendly breakfast option! Perfect for an easy meal prep breakfast!
PREP TIME15 minutes
COOK TIME20 minutes
TOTAL TIME35 minutes
· 1 pound breakfast sausage, cooked, drained and cooled slightly
· 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
· 3 eggs, beaten
· 1 cup shredded cheddar
· 1/3 cup coconut flour
· 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook your breakfast sausage, drain and set it aside to cool slightly.
3. When the sausage has cooled add it to a mixing bowl and combine with the cream cheese until there are no cream cheese clumps left.
4. **It is important to make sure the sausage is not too hot before continuing as it will cook the egg when you add it in the next step**
5. Stir in cheese, eggs, coconut flour and baking powder.
6. When the mixture is well incorporated allow it to chill for 5-10 minutes. Coconut flour continues to absorb moisture so if it seems to runny it won’t be.
7. **Skipping this step and not chilling the dough will result in flat bites, not balls like you see in the photos**
8. Grease a baking sheet and using a small cooking scoop place the Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites on the tray,
9. Bake 18-20 minutes.