Camp Hope strives to provide a great experience while being a good steward of the donations we receive. To the end, we have developed the following goals and objectives. We utilize standardized data collection tools evaluate how well we meet our goals each year.
Goal: To provide campers with a safe, supervised camping environment.
- There will be no more than 5 campers to 1 volunteer at all times.
- Select a minimum of 75 volunteers per session.
- Orient all volunteers to the policies and procedures of camp.
2018 Results: We had 117 volunteers with 72 campers.
Goal: To provide a camp setting where all campers feel supported, safe and respected.
- Campers will complete the ACA Camp Connectedness questionnaire while at camp with the goal being that 75% of campers ages 10 and up report feeling an increase feeling of connectedness as a result of participating in Camp Hope.
Goal: To increase a camper’s ability to develop positive relationships, as the benefits of a positive support system for youth with chronic illnesses are well known
- Campers will complete the ACA Friendship Skills (detailed version) while at camp. The goal will be that 50% of campers ages 10 and up show an improvement in their ability to build and maintain friendships because of their experience at camp
Goal: To provide the medical expertise and close monitoring required by children with a history of cancer.
- At least 2 physicians will be available at all times.
- A member of the medical staff will be immediately available for all activities.
- All medical staff will be in compliance with medical protocols.
2018 Results: We had 2 physicians on site 24 hours a day the entire week of camp.
Goal: To provide campers opportunities to experience normal camp programs as their medical needs will allow and at no cost to the camper.
- Activities will be evaluated every year to determine whether they meet the needs of the camp and campers.
- Camp Hope Heartland and Camp Hope will provide 100% of the funds for Camp Hope.
2018 Results: Post-camp surveys were sent to all volunteers and families. Camp Hope-Heartland raised enough money to cover the cost of camp.
Goal: To offer children with cancer opportunities to interact with others who have similar circumstances.
- All campers will interact with others by the end of the session.
- At least 75% of all campers will actively participate in small group activities of their choice.
- At least 2 newsletters will be mailed annually to Camp Hope campers and volunteers, besides the daily newsletter distributed during camp.
2018 Results: 3 Newsletters were sent out during the year
Goal: To provide to the parents whose children attend camp a safe, secure program, and to provide them with all necessary information and support.
- 100% of families receive camp packets and final information at least 2 weeks prior to
- 100% of the families will have received written documentation regarding Camp Hope.
- 100% of the families will meet with a representative of Camp Hope and a member of the medical staff at arrival.
- Maintain accreditation with the American Camp Association
2018 Results: Camp Hope remains accredited by the American Camp Association
Goal: To provide maximum benefits to the children from the donations received.
- All restricted camp gifts will be used for camp programs.