TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD: 10 servings.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 bottle (15 ounces) mild green taco sauce
- 9 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Optional: Chopped tomatoes and chopped avocados
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Add taco sauce; simmer until slightly thickened, 5-10 minutes.
- 2. Cover the bottom of a 13×9-in. baking dish with 3 tortillas, tearing them into pieces as necessary.
- 3. Layer half of meat mixture over tortillas; sprinkle with half of cheese.
- 4. Layer with 3 more tortillas; spread with refried beans. Cover with sour cream; sprinkle with green onions and olives.
- 5. Layer remaining tortillas over top; cover with remaining meat mixture and cheese.
- 6. Bake until heated through, 25-30 minutes.
- Let stand a few minutes before serving.
- If desired, serve with chopped tomatoes and avocados.