TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.YIELD: 10 servings.
2 pounds ground beef
1 envelope (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
3/4 cup water
1 bottle (15 ounces) mild green taco sauce
9 flour tortillas (6 inches)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
2 cups sour cream
4 green onions, chopped
1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
Optional: Chopped tomatoes and chopped avocados
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Add taco sauce; simmer until slightly thickened, 5-10 minutes.
2. Cover the bottom of a 13×9-in. baking dish with 3 tortillas, tearing them into pieces as necessary.
3. Layer half of meat mixture over tortillas; sprinkle with half of cheese.
4. Layer with 3 more tortillas; spread with refried beans. Cover with sour cream; sprinkle with green onions and olives.
5. Layer remaining tortillas over top; cover with remaining meat mixture and cheese.
6. Bake until heated through, 25-30 minutes.
Let stand a few minutes before serving.
If desired, serve with chopped tomatoes and avocados.